Friday, October 24, 2008

JOY

Next week is the week I participate in the 5x5 project and I am excited! I have always loved photography and almost always felt that I don't use my camera nearly enough.

I've also always known that I am blessed beyond belief and that my world is full of amazing and beautiful people, places and things that bring me great joy. I am looking forward to documenting some of those thing in this project.

Now seems a particularly good time to focus on the things that bring me joy and happiness since my company laid of about 25% of our employees this week. Times are tough and I see no relief in sight. And while I'm thankful that I am still employed, I am afraid for my friends who were let go. They are amazingly talented people and will be OK I'm sure...but what an awful time to be seeking employment. I also admit I am afraid for what the future holds for my company.

So in the week ahead and on I will focus on the good. Focus on the joy and try to share that with as many as I can. To have joy one must share it.(Lord Byron)

No comments: