Saturday, October 4, 2008

Trying too hard?




OK - so I guess I've figured out I'm trying to hard to be creative. I have wanted something marvelous to just spring to mind for me to post and it just ain't happening, so I'll focus for a while on consistency instead of creativity.

For many years I've attempted to journal consistently and have never succeeded for more than a few months at a time. Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most, right. So I'll be trying to examine the everyday little things that happen in my world and just note them. Here's a good place.

Here IS a good place. I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the Adirondacks and this is truly the most beautiful time of the year here. It was just this past week that our foliage "peaked" and it was brilliant indeed. But overnight, the brilliant reds and flame oranges and golden yellows faded to a more muted beauty. It's all so fleeting. I have to discipline myself to see it and to enjoy it and to record it now.

No comments: